Since the game runs on a centralized server, assets are controlled by the server when used in game, similar to how a centralized exchange will control your coins when you deposit them to trade.
Therefore game assets exist on two layers:
- Hosts Off-Chain Assets:
- Cannot be minted or withdrawn to the player’s wallet.
- Behave similar to traditional game items.
- Hosts On-Chain Assets:
- Can be moved (or, “bridged”) between the Server Layer and the Blockchain Layer.
- Only On-Chain Assets exist on the Blockchain Layer as ERC tokens.
- Player has full control over these assets with their crypto wallet.